Goats/3 week old nubian

she is a runt but feeding from mother but this week she is having trouble standing on front legs

HI Scott,
you have not provided much information to go on..

weakness in the front legs typically  is nutritional.. are you sure she is actually nursing and getting  enough to eat? She may look like she is nursing but  without actually getting down to her level and making sure she is  latched on to the teat  and  actually getting milk -  you never know. if this is one of twins or triplets she may  be  getting kicked off  and siblings may be getting it all - I would  first of all  give her a tsp of baking soda in water .. this is a typical thing to give any  kid under 3 weeks old that may be suffering from floppy kid (if it is not floppy kid it will not hurt them) - it stabilizes the pH in the gut and helps  right away.. IN addition, I would be giving her goat Nutri-drench  a couple times a day.  It comes in a pump and  we use 2 squirts at a time..  full of nutrition .. I also would be  supplementing with bottles.. in between feedings with mom..  use mom's milk  and give her 10% of her  body weight per day if she is getting Nothing from mom..   5%  if she is getting  fed  some by mom..  split these feedings up 4 times a day..  It sounds like starvation to me.

Without having much more information on your situation,   this is my best guess.
Bottle baby information

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University