Goats/follow up on constipated nigi

just checked on him and everything seems to be the same. I do believe he is peeing. Still pushing and gritting teeth and passing 1 or 2 pebbles randomly. Tunny hs bloated look not destended downward.  I did notice that when he pooped 1 pebble this time, it was connected w/ a yellow brown goo.

Thanks for the update.  Have you wormed his mom and/or him yet? It is possible that he has worms and these are causing his constipation.  The yellow/brown goo/mucous can be from worms.  It can also be from enterotoxemia trying to take hold with the stress of his issues.  I think you said he is up to date on his CDT toxoid, correct? If not would give him a booster - 1 cc.  You could try treating with oral Safeguard horse wormer for his possible worms - this works well on goats and is easy on the young goats - he would get 1/2 inch - push it onto your finger - given orally now and repeat in 2 weeks.  You can keep the rest of the wormer in a cool place.  Hope this helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County