Goats/follow up on constipated nigi

Question
just checked on him and everything seems to be the same. I do believe he is peeing. Still pushing and gritting teeth and passing 1 or 2 pebbles randomly. Tunny hs bloated look not destended downward.  I did notice that when he pooped 1 pebble this time, it was connected w/ a yellow brown goo.

Answer
Thanks for the update.  Have you wormed his mom and/or him yet? It is possible that he has worms and these are causing his constipation.  The yellow/brown goo/mucous can be from worms.  It can also be from enterotoxemia trying to take hold with the stress of his issues.  I think you said he is up to date on his CDT toxoid, correct? If not would give him a booster - 1 cc.  You could try treating with oral Safeguard horse wormer for his possible worms - this works well on goats and is easy on the young goats - he would get 1/2 inch - push it onto your finger - given orally now and repeat in 2 weeks.  You can keep the rest of the wormer in a cool place.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres