Goats/Goat Kid - Wattles Wet

Question
I have a 1 month old goat kid with wattles apperently secreting something... with blood.. it is reddish. the kid isn't feeling well. We have 95 kids... this is the first time it was noticed, but may have been going on for a little while. i was thinking maybe getting beat up by moms in the herd from trying to drink. maybe a mom bit the wattle and pulled? But i have seen this before, on adults too, where the wattle is wet
I am in arizona. Bladder functions working, goat is eating, walking. No medication used so far. This goat is a toggenburg-nubian cross.
Still drinking from the mom, and also wheat/alfalfa pasture grazing

Answer
HI MasSa'Seen,
You do not mention HOW the kid is acting like it is not feeling well - so I have nothing to go on for this.. if this kid is not getting enough milk by nursing you will have to supplement by bottle feeding  3-4 times a day in between  nursings - I suspect it is not getting enough and may be weak.. getting kicked off by mom or  knocked off by a sibling -

As far as the wattles are - I suspect one or more of the other kids are nursing on them..  creating a hematoma of sorts -  this can happen if  kids are not getting enough from the moms - are you separating them  at night or at some point where the kids do not have access to nursing from their dams?

At one month old they will nibble hay  but will not be  getting much in the way of nutrition as the rumen is not yet developed - This article will help you you understand baby goat digestion http://goat-link.com/content/view/99/86/  

Goats

Goatlady