Goats/Goat pygmy Nubian cross

Question
I have a question for everyone. Three of my mother pygmy goats got pregnant from my Nubian male goat. He was supposed to mate with the boar females we have but he didn't. Has anyone ever had any problems crossing Nubian with pygmy?

My biggest concern is one of those pygmy moms is less than a year.

Answer
Not the best when the male is the Nubian, which is so much larger than the pygmy doe.  How far along are they? You may be looking at C-sections.  Would expect kids to be 4 to 6 pounds instead of the 2 or 3 pounds of a pygmy to pygmy breeding.  If you are going to let them continue their pregnancies would be sure you are there at the first sign of labor, only give them 20 minutes of hard pushing before you help or call a vet.  Would be sure not to over feed during the last 4 weeks of pregnancy as this is when the kids grow the most.  Hope this helps - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres