Goats/Pregnant Goat Down

Question
Hello,

We are new to goats and how our luck has it our 2nd goat we have ever have give birth is having problems.  She is almost 3 and this is her first kidding.  Her temperature is good she is chewing cud and eating and drinking normally.  We live in Indiana.  I have checked her eyelids for color and looks good.  

We don't know her date of pregnancy but her milk is in and has been in since about Friday 20th.  I found her Saturday morning down on her back legs.  Saturday and Sunday she would walk on her own with help getting up but would fall after about 30sec of being up.  She is now only walking with help by us holding her tail up.  I have talked to vets, but she has not had an examine.  They said to wait for babies that it sounds like she has one pinching her nerve.  The waiting game is killing me.

We have not given her any medication but did check to see if dilated she fills about 2fingers dilated as of Saturday.  She has not been checked since then.  Don't want to pop the baby sac or do any damage since I don't really know what I'm doing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Answer
HI Kristy,
You need to call a different vet -  she needs to be checked..  for  hypocalcemia and or Pregnancy Toxemia / Ketosis (I suspect hypocalcemia over Ketosis..  ) Being you are  new to goats I would not  depend on home testing, I would get her to a vet for testing and treatment.  

Articles-

http://goat-link.com/content/view/148/156/
http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/milkfever.html

I would not attempt to diagnose without a vet - as the treatments are different. This is a serious matter for her and I highly doubt it is anything to do with the spinal compression.
ALSO I never ever go into a doe  before kidding.. only  after labor has begun -  too much  in the way of bacterial infection and  potential injury can happen earlier -  just my preferences.

Call a different vet and get her in to see them Please . :)  

Goats

Goatlady