Goats/Squat-and-pee followup

Question
QUESTION: Goatlady, I and my Great Pyrenees took my goats up the mountain as per usual and noticed while walking behind Juanita that she had a long string of slimy brownish red discharge hanging from her vagina. If you can imagine an 8-inch transparent worm of color, that's what it looked like. I removed it with a gloved hand and came home with it (glove is now in the washing machine). It was hard to get off the glove, a very sticky mucous. I can't get anything analyzed in a lab today--it's Saturday. But what in the world could this be, and what in the world do I do to get rid of it? The only time I've seen anything remotely like this was in a goat's afterbirth discharge, and these girls definitely have not given birth.

Both goats continue to eat well and drink well. They continual-squat-and-pee problem seems to be a little better.

The mucous thing may have been going on from the beginning; their rear ends definitely look less than tidy and have from the beginning.

Please help if you can. I've had goats for a decade, but this stumps me entirely.

Thanks so much for any guidance.

ANSWER: HI Jancie,
I don't suppose you thought to take a photo of it did you? if so can you send it here?  Are you SURE it was not a tape worm coming from the rectum? Are you SURE she is not bred and this is the mucus plug before labor?
Will wait to hear back

QUESTION: Absolutely positive on both scores. I scraped the mucus off the glove and put it as a lump in a shallow can. It's now a mostly translucent brown-red gel-like substance that appears to have flattened as much as it's going to. It doesn't run when I tilt the can, and it appears to have blood clots in it. Smells terrible, and I say that as someone who is highly tolerant of the usual animal smells.

Do you still want a photo? I'll hunt down my digital camera (cell phones don't work in the remote area where I live, so I don't have a camera attached to a phone).

One thing, and I don't think there's any connection, but I'll offer it anyway: I dewormed with Valbazen about a week before all this started. I usually use Valbazen or Ivomec Plus. I've never had a bad reaction to either, however. And as I said, these are the only two goats afflicted with whatever-this-is.

Answer
HI Janice..
These are the same girls with the suspected UTI? The thing that bothers me most is the smell..  I KNOW you don't trust vets.. (So do I for the most part) BUT is there Any chance you can call around  outside of town  to see if any vets are familiar with goats?  Don;t throw that thing away..  I would be taking a urine sample and this  thing to a vet to be looked at  and have a complete urinalysis done.. I am all for treating at home but when things are just weird..  and  I cannot figure things out.. and it is something that Can be tested  (UA)  I think I would opt for it..  having this thing smell like this is not good..
HOW Long ago were these girls ever pregnant? I am wondering if this could be  some retained placentas from a kidding even years ago.. or a partially reabsorbed  fetus.. ??

Yes I'd like to see a picture..

NOW valbazen Will dispell tape worms and they are NASTY.. Ivomec  or Ivomec PLUS will not.. this is a photo of a goat passing a tapeworm.. http://i1.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/617428092_c85eb7ba3d-t

Look forward to hearing back and seeing pic  

Goats

Goatlady