Goats/Baby Goat Constipation

I have a baby goat, approximately 2 weeks old, that is showing signs of constipation.  He is hunched up, tail down, straining.  I saw on here where one person answered 1/2 cup mineral oil for 6 months old and younger.  That seemed like a lot for a 2 week old.  Please advise what I should do.

I use the warm soapy water enema method. Get a syringe (w/o needle)., put some lubricant on the rectum and inject the soapy water a little at a time. It works amazingly. Here is a web site with details.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law