Goats/blood in the pee of my little girl saana goat

Question
QUESTION: HI THERE IV BEEN READING THE POSSIBILITIES OF WHY MY LITTLE 3MONTH GOAT PEES BLOOD NOW AND THEN,IT COULD BE SOMETHING TOXIC SHE HAS MUNCHED ON AND OR I DO BOTTLE FEED HER COLD WATER WHICH SHE CAN DRINK FAST AND A LOT THRU THE DAY , SHE WONT DRINK ANY OTHER WAY , IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO? SHE ALSO GETS THE RUNS AS WELL WHEN THIS HAPPENS, IM A FIRST TIME GOAT OWNER AND DONT REALLY NO VERY MUCH. HELP
THANK YOU

ANSWER: HI Talei,

Do you have other goats? At 3 months old she should still be drinking milk bottles.. where she will get enough fluids - read my article on bottle feeding :
 http://goat-link.com/content/view/94/76/

The bigger goats will  show her how to drink water - as she grows.

Your water bottles are the culprit and you really need to stop giving them.. :) right away - none at all Ever -
Read this article on red water  or Hemoglobinuria (Water intoxication)
http://goat-link.com/content/view/198/214

Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or dilutional hyponatremia, is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by over-hydration. Acute renal failure may occur.

A lady wrote to me a few years ago with the same problem
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Goats-3480/2009/4/Goat-blood-urine-male.htm

I hope this answers your question -

QUESTION: GOOD MORNING , THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION, IM ONLY KINDA GUESSING SHE IS ABOUT THAT AGE ,WE WERE GIVEN HER WITH HER UMBILICAL CORD STILL ATTACHED, WE HAVE NO OTHER GOATS TO TEACH HER WE ONLY HAVE SHEEP,IF I STOP HER FROM DRINKING FROM THE BOTTLE AS SHE IS VERY DEMANDING,HOW DO I GIVE HER FLUIDS? OR SHOULD I GO BACK TO GIVING HER MILK AGAIN,WE DID FEED HER THE MILK POWDER TO HER AND WAS ADVISED BY THE VET THAT AFTER THE SECOND BAG WAS FINISHED SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN OLD ENOUGH TO GO ON WATER.

ANSWER: HI Talei,
 it is best with at least 2 goats (even though there are sheep)
If her umbilical cord was still attached I'd say she is MUCH younger than 3 months.. I'd say she is no more than a month old..  (when you got her) possibly 2 weeks..
go back and re read the bottle baby article.. she needs  at least 4 bottles a day..  and will for awhile..  this will be enough  fluids for her without drinking water..  have a small  bowl of water available.. and show it to her.. but she may not drink for weeks  yet on her own.. no milk replacer - use milk.. baby goats are not  weaned until they are at the minimum of 4 months old..  I wean mine at around 6 months.. where they are only getting bottles before bedtime..  and from there they wean themselves..
Her rumen is not yet functioning enough for her to survive on  solid food yet.. http://goat-link.com/content/view/99/86/   

Let me know how she does..

QUESTION: WHEN YOU SAY MILK, CAN I GIVE HER COWS MILK OR /? .I LOVE HER SO MUCH BUT DO YOU THINK ITS CRUEL JUST HAVING HER ,I DID WORK OUT ROUND ABOUT HOW OLD SHE IS I GOT HER IN NOVEMBER,I DO NO OF A FARMER (LOVELY MAN) WHO HAS A HERD OF GOATS ON AN ORGANIC FARM DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE BEST FOR HER? SHE GRAZES MOST OF THE DAY AND COMES IN WHEN SHES THURSTY

Answer
HI Talei,

yes cows milk is fine.. this is what I use for my orphans - but again.... read that article on bottle babies to see how to change them over gradually so you do not have tummy upsets.. which can lead to  worse digestive disorders..

If you got her in November say she was 2 weeks old when you got her.. then she is probably about 4 months old by now.. yes?
Who does she hang out with? the Sheep or alone?  if alone yes you really should get her a buddy.. someone maybe slightly older (so you do not have  another bottle baby to wean) but about the same size as she is?
Many folks get rid of wethers (castrated males) free or cheap.. because they  are not good for breeding and cannot have babies..  so folks  sorta think of them as  not worth anything.. esp dairy goats.. and I  have found wethers to make some really AWESOME pets.. my herd is half wethers..  sweet boys.  And because they are castrated, they do not have the odor of a billy (which I personally do not mind anyways) but many folks do not like the way a buck smells - and there is no danger of her getting pregnant with a wether..  Just make sure if you decide to go this route that who ever castrated them did it properly..  and late enough..  I do not castrate until they are 6 months old..  it gives the urethra a chance to develop and less chance of urinary problems  later in life

Goats are very social animals and do need companionship.. esp in  night time when they sleep they like to cuddle..  and have someone to play with and hang with.. I always recommend getting at least 2 when you get them..

If your farmer friend  will sell you  milk at a reasonable cost knowing it is for this baby, sure this is the best way to go..  next best is cows milk even from the grocery store.. in  jugs..  last choice in a pinch is canned evaporated  milk  (Not filled milk but evaporated) and cut 50-50 with water..

I hope this helps some..  

Goats

Goatlady