Goats/pygmy goat losing hair

I searched on the net why she is losing hair, response was she has a vitamin defisnency. I have liquid multi vitamins with minerals. I need to know how much to give her and for how long.

What is her diet? Does she have a goat mineral block? Another possibility is that she has lice or mites. They are very small, but can you see anything like that? Is she rubbing a lot?

Normally a goat can get all the vitamins needed from their hay and a goat mineral. I would recommend you try that first. You can also buy a product called Ultra BOSS, which is a pour on used to treat bad lice.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law