Goats/my going on three month old male Pygmy goat

Question
I was ready an article you posted my baby is doing the same thing ,when he takes his stance to urinate he grunts and cries ! Did you ever find a solution feel so bad for him the vet won't castrate him til he is at least 6 months old I'm at a loss ! Started the lemon juice this evening hope it works ! Thank you if you have any ideas I would love the info

Answer
Is he pooping okay? Is his tummy bloated?  If so he may be constipated.  Let me know about this.  What feed do you have him on?  Generally urinary calculi does not affect under 9 month old kid bucklings and wethers.  Re banding, banding early is best, that is at 10 days to 2 weeks of age.  The 6 months thing is not going to help against urinary calculi. The calcium to phosphorus ratio in his feed is what causes urinary calculi.  It should be 3:1 calcium to phosphorus ratio in their feed.  Hope this helps. Let me know about my questions. Thanks - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres