Goats/my going on three month old male Pygmy goat

I was ready an article you posted my baby is doing the same thing ,when he takes his stance to urinate he grunts and cries ! Did you ever find a solution feel so bad for him the vet won't castrate him til he is at least 6 months old I'm at a loss ! Started the lemon juice this evening hope it works ! Thank you if you have any ideas I would love the info

Is he pooping okay? Is his tummy bloated?  If so he may be constipated.  Let me know about this.  What feed do you have him on?  Generally urinary calculi does not affect under 9 month old kid bucklings and wethers.  Re banding, banding early is best, that is at 10 days to 2 weeks of age.  The 6 months thing is not going to help against urinary calculi. The calcium to phosphorus ratio in his feed is what causes urinary calculi.  It should be 3:1 calcium to phosphorus ratio in their feed.  Hope this helps. Let me know about my questions. Thanks - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County