i was given a beautiful goat about 2 years ago,he wasnt feeling well took him to my vet and she said i literally loved him to death,i did not know .so my daughter for christmas got me 2 little dawf goats and i do not want to make any more mistakes. i give them 1 half cup of grain total for both of them daily is that ok,and also what else do i need to know,and thank you for being there jan

I assume you are talking about feeding incorrectly. Are these goats Wethers or does? If they are Wethers, they do not ever need grain. If does, then only when pregnant or in milk. I would gradually eliminate the grain, if they are just pets. You can give cut up fruit or peanuts in the shell for treats. Just don't overdo anything, give them, good hay, plenty of fresh warm water and get a goat mineral for them to eat free choice. I would recommend one of my books for basics.

Good luck and enjoy your kids!

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law