Goats/goat not chewing cud standing alone not eating hay

I have a 2yr old nigerian dwarf doe. She is not eating hay, does not chew her cud, and ears are airplane like. Shakes her head more than usual and just stands in one spot. Temp was103.8
I did start vitamin b complex and penicillin. Do you think I'm on the right track?

Yes, it sounds as though she may have a fever, so the penicillin is probably warranted and Vitamin B can help with appetite. You need to get her rumen going. Find some roughage, what grows in your area or even wheat straw. Get some probiotics and give those. Make sure she is drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Is she peeing and pooping normally? I would even consider running a fecal to check for parasites.  

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law