Goats/goat not chewing cud standing alone not eating hay

Question
I have a 2yr old nigerian dwarf doe. She is not eating hay, does not chew her cud, and ears are airplane like. Shakes her head more than usual and just stands in one spot. Temp was103.8
I did start vitamin b complex and penicillin. Do you think I'm on the right track?
Thx!

Answer
Michel,

Yes, it sounds as though she may have a fever, so the penicillin is probably warranted and Vitamin B can help with appetite. You need to get her rumen going. Find some roughage, what grows in your area or even wheat straw. Get some probiotics and give those. Make sure she is drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Is she peeing and pooping normally? I would even consider running a fecal to check for parasites.  

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith