Goats/Mama dairy goat stiff legs

I have a 5 year old dairy doe that has been walking on her front knees for awhile during pregnancy.  The previous owner said she did this before.  She gave birth to triplet boys yesterday.  She can not stand on her front at all!  The won't straighten at all and the babies are struggling to nurse.  What can this be?  We have boer, this is our first dairy!  She has no fever, not much interest in eating and willing to drink some warm brown suger water!

I assume you have taken the kids away to bottle feed - that is definitely advised.

Re the doe, are her joints swollen at all, specifically the front/carpal joints? When you say no fever, the temp is then under 102.5? When she did this before, was it during and after kidding? She could have early onset arthritis.  She could have leg swelling due to pregnancy.  Are the front legs swollen at all?  What do her hooves look like on the front?  I would start with giving her aspirin at one 325 mg human aspirin per 75 pounds body weight crushed and dissolved in a little hot water, cooled and given orally every 4 to 6 hours - this would help with any pain or swelling she is having and may allow her to eat better.  Let me know re the questions above and I will get back to you - Donna  

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County