Goats/new small pergnet goats

Question
we got 2 drorf goats from aution and noticed the have a cough and snotty noise,on one, and the other dont seame to want to eat much pelletes and has a cough.can i give La-200 they go about 35 to 40 lbs.we did give wormer pelltes.

Answer
Sorry for the delay in answering, just received this.  Would use penicillin (over the counter at the feed store) instead of LA200 as it works better for the most likely pneumonia they have - use 1 1/2 cc twice a day for 5 days, given intramuscularly in the rear thigh muscles - you need to draw back on the plunger once the needle is in the muscle to be sure you are not in a vein as some goats are allergic to antibiotics in their blood system.  Would also use human aspirin at 1/2 of a 325 mg human aspirin tablet - crush and dissolve in a little hot water, cool and give orally every 4 to 6 hours until they are eating again.  They also should have probiotics - yogurt works well at one teaspoon twice a day - I mix in a little water to thin it so I can give as an oral drench.  Would wait on any more wormer currently.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres