Goats/baby kid

Question
I have newborn buckling single birth and huge he was very hard to get started but is up and sucking well. The only thing is his breathing is very rapid and loud his temp is in the normal range 102.7 and he acts normal otherwise making plenty of noise and moving around advise on how to treat or what to do  5-10-15

Answer
HI Annie,
It is not unusual for a newborn to sound somewhat raspy.. especially when they nurse..  many times they get a bit of mucus  from the birth..  You can try my Swing Baby Technique to  bring some if it out.. http://www.goat-link.com/Articles/SwingBaby/sb.html  As long as he is eating, playing  and  acting normal..  I think I would wait it out..  it should normalize in a few days..  if not  you might want to have him checked by a vet for possible  inhalation pneumonia..  but if this  becomes the case, he will  not want to play or eat.. he will stand off or lay down and  become lethargic.. Usually though this corrects itself..  without intervention..  

Goats

Goatlady