we have something that i've noticed recently a goat will start limping and then after couple of days or so would get better and then a diff one would limp and then get better and even one of our dorper rams started limping. is there something that i need to worry about. and one of our bucks always picks up his right hind leg like trying to scratch or twitching. also i found one of our 2 to 3 months old doeling screaming and stargazing and looking up and then walks and sits its weird. can you help me please. thank you and God Bless

These could all be happening coincidentally. If the goats are playing rough or their pasture has holes in it and they are playing a lot then the limping could be from slight injuries. The ones with limping, what do their hooves look like? Are they otherwise eating and drinking well? Re the 2 to 3 month old doeling, the screaming and stargazing can be from ingesting a poison.  Any foam around that doe's mouth? Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County