Goats/goats

Question
we have something that i've noticed recently a goat will start limping and then after couple of days or so would get better and then a diff one would limp and then get better and even one of our dorper rams started limping. is there something that i need to worry about. and one of our bucks always picks up his right hind leg like trying to scratch or twitching. also i found one of our 2 to 3 months old doeling screaming and stargazing and looking up and then walks and sits its weird. can you help me please. thank you and God Bless

Answer
HI ,
How wet is it there where you are? Could be foot rot.. could be something like a dip or hole in the yard or pasture  they are stepping on/in and twisting their ankle? Could be mud clotted between the toes.. or rocks- fire ants could also cause this.. without knowing more detail..  you need to look for external issues that could case similar things to happen to multiple animals..
What are they exposed to feed wise? the 4 month old..  is she showing other symptoms? do you have anything moldy they cold be eating?  did she get into the grain barrel or sacked feed?  Anyone around that could be giving her something to eat that is not  good for her? Sounds like possible listeriosis starting up with her..  this is a good article that explains it and also helps you to know how to treat it. http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/listeriosis.html
The buck that has been holding his leg up like he wants to scratch..  is he urinating normally? Does he eat a lot of concentrated feed or grain? Read this and see if it sounds like him.. if so you may want to contact your vet.
http://goat-link.com/content/view/67/49

hope this sheds light on things..  

Goats

Goatlady