we have something that i've noticed recently a goat will start limping and then after couple of days or so would get better and then a diff one would limp and then get better and even one of our dorper rams started limping. is there something that i need to worry about. and one of our bucks always picks up his right hind leg like trying to scratch or twitching. also i found one of our 2 to 3 months old doeling screaming and stargazing and looking up and then walks and sits its weird. can you help me please. thank you and God Bless

Could they have hoof rot or founder? Have you checked their feet?

The stargazing sounds like a different issue. Take the temp of that one. How is her condition otherwise? Is she eating and drinking okay? Is her poop and pee normal? It could be the start of polio or listeriosis.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law