Goats/de-worming a 4 week old bottle fed kid goat

my kid 4 weeks old
my kid 4 weeks old  
I have Nemex2, Safe Guard and also Noromectin (ivermectin) 1% Sterile solution injectable
which one can and should I use on a 4 week old bottle feed from day 1 Bore kid goat. He will be a pet and not used for meat

Hi Cindy
I am sorry to hear about  your doe. -- this little guy is adorable -  does he have worms or are you trying to prevent them? 4 weeks old is a bit young for deworming - unless he is showing signs of wormload  (which really is unlikely at this age) I would wait till he is 2 months old - I use Valbazen with my kids because it gets all the nasty stomach worms, liver fluke and tapes - safeguard is basically useless except for tapeworm - ivomec  is good but  it does not get tapeworm and if you do not have the ivermeticn PLUS it will not get liver fluke - Nemex-2 Oral is a Liquid Dog Wormer-  for removal of roundworms and hookworms in dogs and puppies- I would not use this on the goats -

Attaching a link for deworming practices for you..

as well as one for cocci :

and Liver Fluke:

I hope this helps..  

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University