Goats/Age you SHOULDN'T Breed Does/ Pregnancy after not breeding

Question
I haven't been able to breed our does. I am able. However, at what age is it no longer reasonable to breed does? I don't want to breed my does if they are so old it might cause major complications and/or loss of the doe due to age.  One doe never has been bred; the other once.  They are both 7 years old.  The other question is after waiting so long, what are my chances that they would even settle if I bred them?!  Yesterday, I just lost the dame  of these two does to lymphoma. I'd like to pass on her good qualities of excellent dairy character, excellent udder support with a truly capacious udder and straight topline to the kids.  The does are of good lines, CAE and disease free, and not overweight.  Just so you know, I've asked the same question of my vet because I am double checking to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Answer
HI Jan:

First of all I am So sorry for your loss -
It is always a bit more difficult for a doe who has never been bred to breed later in life but 7 years old is not old,   as long as they are in good flesh and good health.. not fat, not thin. The average  life span of my goats is around 15-17 yrs old -  I Do however  try not to allow breeding after double digits as they do not seem to bounce back as well as the younger does. Make sure they are fed properly, dewormed  after kidding properly - and  are present at the time of kidding. I see no reason these does would not settle , they should be fine .. again as long as they are in good health  

Goats

Goatlady