Goats/dermatitis on the feet of my 6mth sannan female goat

Question
MY LITTLE GIRL STARTED SCRATCHING A WEEK OR SO AGO , I CLIPPED HER NAILS N FOUND SHE HAS LIKE DERMATITIS UP ALL 4 LEGS TO HER KNUCKLES AND NOW THIS MORNING HER FEET ARE SWOLLEN AND SHE IS IN PAIN , SPOKE TO VET THEY SAID MAYBE TO DRENCH HER,IT COULD BE LICE,THEN THEY SAID USE IODINE ,BUT ANOTHER OWNER DID THE SAME AND AS SOON AS SHE STOPPED IT RETURNED, I WOD LIKE TO USE SOMETHING NATURAL IF I COULD,MY PADDOCKS HAD RECENTLY BEEN FLOODED AND LOTS OF STUFF CAME ONTO MINE FROM NEIGHBOURING PROPERTIES I WONDERED IF NOW THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE SOIL THATS IRRITATED HER SOMEHOW, PLEASE HELP
THANK U

Answer
Hi Fiona:
Not sure you are going to find a natural treatment in this case- sounds like she may be getting bitten by bugs in the grass and from there it caused this dermatitis -  a pour on called  Ivomec PourOn   is the best for lice - http://goat-link.com/content/view/180/168/ - if this were my goat I would use this .. dribbled down the backline (NOT as a drench) as in the article - also I think I might try to apply some cortisone cream or ointment On the legs to  relieve the itching. For the swollen feet before you apply an ointment, I think I might try soaking them in a solution of cornstarch water or epsom salts in water - I'm sure the mud  brought all kinds of biting critters.  

Goats

Goatlady