Goats/Kid Teeth Rotting & Falling Out

Question
I have a 2 1/2 month old male goat. He is new to our property - we got him a week ago. I just noticed his front two teeth are missing and there appears to be rot/decay at his gum line. He eats well enough, looks healthy, runs around, drinks water... In all other ways he seems fine. I am very worried about his teeth though. What should I do?

Answer
HI Rhea
can you send a photo of this?  At 18 months old they  loose  the 2 front teeth but sounds like maybe he got them knocked out or broken off?  Hard to say without seeing it. The front teeth are for biting  off twigs and leaves.. the back teeth are for chewing food.. so..  better the front ones than back ones, are you sure of his age? At this age he has baby teeth. http://goat-link.com/content/view/14/31/

Goats

Goatlady