Goats/Nigerian's CD&T

We have three Nigerian dwarfs that I would like to give CD&T to. 2 of them are 4 years old and one is 3 years old. All are very healthy, no health issues, my questions is: they each had CD&T prior to leaving their previous farm - when each were young, because it has been 2-3 years or so since their last vaccine do they get just an annual booster for CD&T, or because they haven't had those annual boosters do they need to be treated differently?

Sorry for such a delay in answering, I was out of internet range.  Re CDT toxoid, a yearly booster once they are 1 year of age is advised.  So would just catch everyone up on a booster of 2 cc.  Then give them an annual booster of 2 cc once a year.  If they get a cut or wound I always advise giving another booster to keep them away from tetanus (T).  Also, if they are does and you plan to breed them, then a 2 cc booster at 4 weeks prior to kidding is advised to give the kid goats passive immunity once they are born. Hope that helps - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County