Goats/Nubian w/ runny poo

Question
Just bought 4 nubians abt 2 yrs old  2 days ago. All look good and healthy. Went out this morning and saw 1 w/ runny poo. Could be switch in feed but I have only been giving them a couple handfuls daily until I make it to TS. Could it be stress from moving? Everyone else is ok.  Should I watch her for a day or two just to see if it clears on own?  She is also more than likely bred.  Any ideas?

Answer
HI Julie:

I apologize for not getting to you sooner.. been out of town for a few days..
Shipping stress can show up anytime from the time of the move to 3 months later - any time you move goats even just across the road..  
Things that most likely happen are: Pinkeye, wormload,cocci and pneumonia.. (or can be change in feed)
runny poops can be wormload or cocci  - if the goat also has a cough or is lethargic and  will not eat this could also be pneumonia..
It has been a couple days since you write..  has she improved by now? if not yes I would deworm her..  since she is most likely pregnant.. I would not opt for using Valbazen but instead  I would use Ivomec PLUS injected.. I use 1cc/40lbs  usually - if the goat is  suspect of being  heavily loaded with  parasites I use 1cc/30lbs  - I always inject it..  here is my article on deworming: http://goat-link.com/content/view/58/46/

of course the only way to truly know if she has a heavy wormload is for a vet to do a fecal.. in lieu of this  you can do a famacha type  observant test.. looking at the inner eyelid membrane for color.. here- http://goat-link.com/content/view/110/107/
In addition you can take her rectal temp..  101.5 to 103.5 is normal.. if it's hot out or if you had to chase her..  expect the rectal temp to be a slight bit higher..  anything over 104  I would suspect fever and possible pneumonia..  I personally use Tylan200  over the counter antibiotic for this..  but   again, if no fever  usually with runny nose or cough..  I would not treat with an antibiotic..  

So.. short answer..
for me? I would watch to see if it clears up in a day or two.. take rectal temperature,  look at inner eyelid membrane for color.. if anything other than a deep pink..  deworm.. if the poop  is very acrid and smelly and resembles  pudding.. suspect cocci.. treat accordingly.. http://goat-link.com/content/view/145/155/

Hope this helps you and again I apologize for not getting back to you sooner
And Congrats on the new goats!  When is her due date? read up on  kidding so you will be ready - http://goat-link.com/content/category/4/19/33/  

Goats

Goatlady