Goats/My goat

Question
My goat had a limp in his back leg thought maybe the dog got a little rough with him they are good friends but he had a little scab so I moved him into the garage cleaned him up out some a&d ointment on it and left him inside for a few days know he is not using eather of his back legs really and has a fluid build up on the one I am laid off right know so can't really afford a trip to the vet butt I love the little guy so I want to help him out

Answer
HI Eric:

This is not good Eric and I know.. Been there done that with the money situation - have you had him on any injectable antibiotics? What does the actual injury site look like? How about his rectal temp.. what is it? Anything higher than 103.5 is considered fever  which means infection. Injury on one leg should not have  affected the other leg. Not being able to see this and actually look at it first hand.. hard to tell..  how is his appetite? Still eating  and drinking? Still peeing and pooping? What worries me is any puncture type wound is very susceptible to tetanus - you mention he is not using either leg but is he able to stand at all? When was he dewormed last? What dewormer  did you use ?  is he thin and weak? What color are the inner eyelid membranes?

If you can answer these questions for me and  get back to me in a followup  that would be great..  any and all info  added is also helpful even if it doesn't seem important.  

Goats

Goatlady