Goats/Nigerian Pigmy Goat Kidding

Hi,my doe Baby girl is pregnant,not exactly sure when she is due.A guesstimate was 1 or 2 nd week in Jan.,she started dripping mucus 3 weeks ago,she has been acting like she is having contractions but then they stop.I have been doing a lot of reading andshe isshowing a lot of the signs except beating her head against the wall (lol).She just rubs her head against the boards.And she throws a fit when I leave her,so I don't leave her long.She has a yellowish mucus coming out and sounds like she is grunting,is she in labor now? Or how much longer!!! Please need advice...mine and her first time...

Has she lost her pelvic ligaments? Are her sides sunken in?  Can you feel the kids move. Is this her first kidding?  Is the mucous a deep yellow or light yellow to cream color?  She could be in early labor especially with the grunting.  Is there any pawing of the ground by her?  Any chance you would go in and check to see if there is a kid at the cervix?  Have you done that before.  Let me know - Donna
360-742-8310 if you want to talk.

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County