Goats/Rough delivery-now doe won't quit pushin

Question
I am fairly new to goats (a couple years). Our doe must have taken a hit while we put her in with everyone else while cleaning pens. She went into premature labor 5 days later - 17 days early - and I ended up having to pull a set of twins out of her. They had already died inside of her and were starting to smell. It was a hard pull, but there didn't appear to be much trauma to our doe. I gave her antibiotics that day and for the following 2 days. I also gave her nutri-drench in her water to help her re-hydrate after a rough day. She ate hay and drank fine that day. I noticed that she was still contracting some that day, but figured she just had some cramping. She has continued to get worse. We are on day 6 and she is in a lot of pain and still continues to act like she is pushing. She is eating and drinking less and less. She hasn't had anything today. I have started giving her bute as a pain reliever and that has helped some. Is there anything more I can do for her? What about giving her aspirin?

Answer
Sorry to hear about the doe.  Did she pass the placenta/placentas?  True twins would bein one placenta and "twins"/two kids would be in separate placentas.  If she did not pass the placentas that is why she is still pushing and may need some medicine to help with that.  What is her temperature?  Anything over 102.5 indicates an infection.  Is she peeing and pooping okay? Penicillin at 3 cc/100 pounds twice a day intramuscularly in the rear thighs times seven days would be needed to get rid of any intrauterine infection.  During the time of any antibiotics the goat also needs probiotics - powder, gel or yogurt.  If the doe is starting not to eat well then also adding vitamin B complex (has B1/thiamin) in it at 5 to 7 tablets (crushed and dissolved in a little hot water) orally drenched twice a day helps keep polio from starting.  You can give aspirin - one 325 mg human tablet (crushed and dissolved in a little hot water) per 75 pounds body weight given every 4 hours will help with pain and also if she has a fever.  Hope this helps - let me know - Donna

PS  Keeping her hydrated is important too, giving her human electrolytes every few hours either allowing her to drink herself or if she won't drink them then you would need to orally drench them.  

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres