Goats/goat repellent

what can I use to keep my goats from rubbing/bunting the side of my house ?

HI Marie:
The ONLY way to keep them from  knocking, rubbing or butting the house is to put a fence up a couple feet from it.. making SURE it is not  a fence that they can get through  (keep in mind babies when they are born ) or they will be stuck  between the house and fence.  And make sure it is not a fencing they can get heads stuck in (good luck) I too use my house as a portion of one side of the fencing,  and yes they do butt it, rub it, etc - over the years I have just decided to ignore it. Usually it is the wethers  ranking their horns on it.. at times I Do holler out the window to "cut it out" and they stop .. momentarily :) - unfortunately there is nothing you can put on it - only to fence away from it. No goat repellents I have ever heard of.. I imagine if anyone were to create such  a product they would be rich :) Sorry I know this is not what you wanted to hear -

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University