Goats/Hurt leg on 2 day old baby goat

Question
I  am not sure if you guys still use this site, but if you do I would so please greatly appreciate some help. You can email me or even call for that matter. . I am new to raising goats. .I love my darlings an one of my females had a new baby on Tuesday.. He is 2 days old. I came home this morning at 930m an be was hung up in our bobwire/electric fence. He has three small holes in his leg in the inside of the soft meat...they are not bleeding anymore. But I was gone for 3 hours an don't know how long he was tangled up in the fence being shocked. It is a very powerful fence. He is nursing if I put him up to his mom an force him but only sucks a second an lays down. I have been milking her a little every hour an trying to bottle feed him in the stall with her. But he acts as to he has no Humph to want to get up on his own an feed. An the leg that got  hurt/hung up is just limp an when I make him stand up he just drags it. Please please help me.

Answer
Sorry for the delay in answering, my phone which gets an allexperts alert is having issues.  Okay, would start with giving him a CDT vaccination, 1 cc intramuscularly in the rear thigh muscle (this is available over the counter at most feed/farm stores - use a 22 gauge 1/2 to 3/4 inch needle.  You will give another CDT 1 cc in 2 days.  Would also start on penicillin injectable (again available over the counter at farm/feed stores) - same size needle, give 1 cc to start now and then 1/2 cc a.m. and p.m. for 3 to 5 days, again intramuscularly.  Would take him into the house and bottle feed - he probably is stressed from the injury, and could come down with pneumonia easily - would use hydrogen peroxide to clean out the wounds and the put neosporin type human antibiotic ointment on them.  You are welcome to give me a call at 360-742-8310.  Donna

PS  Have you given intramuscular injections before?

Just checking in to see how things are doing.  Please feel free to give me a call if you'd like.  

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres