Goats/3 day old baby goat fast breathing and heart rate

Question
we have a 3 day old baby goat  with a rapid heart rate and breathing rapidly.  he is drinking fine but i can here some raspiness when he drinks the bottle temp is 103.1  i have oxytetraline and banamine was going to give him. i did give hime bose at birth but is there a possibility he could be still lacking that. i dont want to give him too much bose i heard it can be toxic for them.. does it sound more like pneumonia??

Answer
Sorry for the delay in answering.  Are any of his joints swollen or painful to the touch?  Normally when they have pneumonia they don't want to drink.  A temp over 102.5 usually indicates an infection.  Although sometimes pneumonia does not cause a fever.  I like to use penicillin for pneumonia, any chance you can get that - feed stores have it over the counter like the LA200.  Would not give banamine to kid goats.  If you cannot get the penicillin the LA200 should work.  LA200 (oxytetracycline) dose for him would be 1/2 cc once a day for 3 to 5 days.  Penicillin dose is 1/2 cc twice a day for 3 days.  Either are given intramuscularly in the rear thigh muscles - have you given intramuscular injections before?  Would give human low dose or regular aspirin for the fever.  Either give one 81 mg low dose tablet every 4 hours until fever stops or 1/4 of a 325 mg human aspirin tablet every 4 hours again until fever stops.  The tablets must be crushed and dissolved in a little hot water, cooled and then given orally.  Re the BoSe, I do not use this.  I use human 200 mcg selenium tablets and vitamin E and D.  If there is not enough sunshine out then the goat does not get enough vitamin D to get the selenium and E to work.  Would hold off on the selenium at this point unless he is not walking well.  Let me know re my questions above - thanks.  

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres