Goats/Sick goats

We have 3 mini Nigerian dwarfs that have runny noses and coughs. Been to the vet twice, and we would like to give them some relief. They don't have fever just snotty and congested. They are about 5-6 weeks old.

Sorry for the delay. I am just getting over the flu. Some people have had luck with giving Benadryl syrup to their goats. Some also advocate vitamin C. On tHe C, you can give chewable. The Benadryl dosage is 5 ml for young kids.

Good luck and keep taking temps and watching closely, in case something else is brewing.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law