Goats/goat baby disease

hi,sir ihave goat baby which is suffering from knee swelling due which it left eating and drinking milk and one of the baby has died due to this disease.plz tell me its cure and what is this disease?

This is most likely what is called navel ill, where bacteria get in through the umbilical cord after birth. The baby needs antibiotics. Do you have access to any? Dose is 1-2 ml subcutaneously once or twice a day for 3 days. Dipping the end of the cord in iodine right after birth helps to prevent this.

Good luck. I hope you can save this baby.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law