Goats/goat baby disease

Question
hi,sir ihave goat baby which is suffering from knee swelling due which it left eating and drinking milk and one of the baby has died due to this disease.plz tell me its cure and what is this disease?

Answer
Tariq,

This is most likely what is called navel ill, where bacteria get in through the umbilical cord after birth. The baby needs antibiotics. Do you have access to any? Dose is 1-2 ml subcutaneously once or twice a day for 3 days. Dipping the end of the cord in iodine right after birth helps to prevent this.

Good luck. I hope you can save this baby.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith