Goats/baby goat

I have a three week old baby goat that was doing good I had to bottle feed her .them out of the blue she fell over and now she is not able to stand.she will only lay on her side and has a bad case of the shakes.she is still eating good and no diarrhea

The first thing to do is make sure she is not on her side, but on her sternum (chest), even if she has to be propped. Take her temperature. This is something you really need a vet to examine, if you can do that.

Does she have other neurological signs? What were you feeding her? Please let me know these answers, and her temperature so I can try to help.

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, www.goathealthcare.com. I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law