Goats/Constipated Pgynmy goat

I believe I have a constipated goat. She still eats & drinks however when she tried to have bowel movement, she hollers.  I've seen her urinate so I don't think that's an issue. I've also did several warm soapy water enema's.

HI Sheila:
How old is this goat?  you might try an enema with warm mineral oil instead and see if this helps - if this is an adult  do you think she may have eaten some plastic, twine  or other non digestible  items that may be getting stuck?  If she is still straining tomorrow I  would be on the phone to the vet - this could be a very serious situation. You might also try giving her a  couple TBSP of Milk of Magnesia  (IF she is an adult) if she is a baby - a teaspoon or so  

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University