Goats/My goat needs help

I recently tried to save a goat because her utter was messed up and looks like it was cut open and fell out I got it looking better still bad but lil better I also worked her like I was told to but now she is loosing her hair really bad I checked for lice but didn't see any but it looks dry and flaky wondering if there's any hope for her she is really sweet lets me do what I need to do to help her and she doesn't seem to mind but her hairloss is getting really bad now

This is the best time of year for hair loss because it is summer. It could be that the shock to her system from getting sick with the udder problem caused the sudden hair loss. What are you feeding her? Does she have a goat-specific mineral? Has she had any copper?

Let me know and hopefully you can get the hair loss turned around. Thanks for helping this girl!

Cheryl K. Smith

Goat Health Care; basic goat management. Author of Goat Health Care (2009) and Raising Goats for Dummies (2010)

Publisher of Goat Health Care, I have raised miniature dairy goats since 1998. I published Ruminations, the Nigerian Dwarf and Mini Dairy Goat magazine for 7 years and mentor other goat owners, as I was mentored for my first years.

American Goat Society (AGS), The Miniature Goat Registry (TMGR)

Raising Goats for Dummies (author) Goat Health Care (Editor and Author), Ruminations, Dairy Goat Journal, Issues in Law and Medicine, Topics in Health Records Management, Oregon Bar Bulletin, Midwifery Today, Countryside

BS, Health Information Administration JD, Law