Goats/Goats

Question
QUESTION: I have a 4-h goat and I need to get him ready for show. And he has a little bit of a grass belly what's the best way to get rid of it??

ANSWER: I am not familiar with that term. Is he bloated? It could be that a large belly is caused by parasites. Has he been checked for worms? Deworming might be one way to get him back in the condition you want.

QUESTION: A grass belly is like being bloated yes and he's been dewormed twice. Because of fair rules

Answer
If it is just a large belly and not bloated, I am not sure that would harm him in the show. It is just a sign of a well-developed rumen, which as I understand it means he is effectively digesting. I know mainly about dairy goats, so I am guessing this is a meat goat. There is nothing you can do about it, as long as it is not bloat or parasites.

Goats

Cheryl K. Smith