Goats/3-4 month old Kids with no energy

We have been raising goats for 8 years and I've never seen anything like this before. We have about 60 goats right now and 7 of our 3-4 month old kids are all showing the same symptoms. They seem to lose over all energy and then lose the strength in their front legs. They continue to eat and drink normally.
1. I took the temps of 4 they range from 101.3 to 104.1.
2. All of them are ruminating
3. We are in Northeast PA.
4. Some have normal goat berries but a couple have what I call dog poo. It is shaped like dog poo but smaller
5. All are eating and drinking normally.
6. Some are still walking some are walking on their front knees.
7. I have given them all B Complex.
8. 3-4 months
9. about 2 weeks
10. Both male and female all are cross bred Boers.
11. They are getting the same organic hay and grain since being weaned. No changes.

Hi Tom:
This is the Prime age for lice, cocci and wormload -  if they have not been dewormed properly, treated for cocci or deloused -   these are classic symptoms of heavy wormload or cocci  - even lice - all 3  attack kids just at this age
IN Addition if you are in a selenium deficient area  they may need a Bo-Se injection (from the vet)  for  white muscle disease  - BUT I would first check inner eyelid color and  deworm PROPERLY - if the poop has a distinct  strong odor, it may be cocci - look at the belly, under arms etc for lice  as well this will make them weak -  I will attach a few articles that go into detail for you -

check eyelid color for anemia

Proper deworming

Lice treatment

White Muscle Disease

Selenium Deficiency (aka White Muscle Disease) can cause weak rear legs in newborn and young kids and can keep the kid from swallowing. Walking on one's pasterns can also be a sign of selenium deficiency. Your county extension service agent or feed company nutritionist should be able to tell you if you are in a selenium-deficient area. Prescription BoSe should be injected into newborns and young kids in selenium-deficient areas at a dosage rate of 1/2 cc given IM. Dosage for adult dams is 2-1/2 cc's, also given IM. Do not use MuSe; it is too strong for goats. BoSe is an injectable combination of selenium and Vitamin E.  

Specializing in New Goat Owner understanding of goat physiology, goat anatomy, goat care and herd management. *I am not a veterinarian, any advice and information should be verified by your veterinarian before administering to your goats. (! During times of severe weather in the Midwest, I may experience a delay in internet service due to the interference of the satellite reception - but will answer your questions as soon as service is restored. !) Note: Keep in mind, the goat expert is volunteering her time to help other goat owners, she also runs her farm with her own herd of 100 goats and may not be at her computer at all hours. Questions are answered as soon as she can possibly read and answer them, usually within 24 hours.

23 years experience of raising goats and herd management. Active hands on experience with goat herd and research with various Caprine University Research and Extension Centers nationwide. 15 years dedicated to helping other goat breeders/owners with goat anatomy, goat disease and goat health care issues via phone, published goat care articles and internet interaction. The information I have to offer is not only from personal experience and years of research updated often as new information is made available to me, but supported by many Veterinary Research colleges and all medications and information I have to offer on how the medications work and what dosages "I" use, is information I have acquired by discussing directly with the company's veterinarians and staff research experts.

12 year active member of International Veterinary Information Service

United Caprine News, Homesteaders Magazine, Columnist for Goat Magazine, Owner and Author of GoatPedia™

Graduate Programs in Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University