Goats/goat with urinary calculi

Question
My pet goat is on a compounded formula ammonium chloride.
need to find where to buy best feed and best hay. Need the
ration for his PH to work well with the feed. any advice much
appreciated. also what surgery would help him and is that a
good idea?

Answer
Is he castrated? The main key to keeping urinary calculi away from both bucks and wethers is the calcium to phosphorus ratio, not so much the pH.  Calcium to phosphorus ratio in any feed to include grains and hays should be 3:1 - if too much of either then urinary calculi can form.  Ammonium chloride keeps the calculi from getting bigger, that is all, but is generally enough for most goats and that allows the small crystals to flow through their urinary tract system.  What grain and hay is he on currently?  Let me know - Donna

Goats

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres