Goats/goat with urinary calculi

My pet goat is on a compounded formula ammonium chloride.
need to find where to buy best feed and best hay. Need the
ration for his PH to work well with the feed. any advice much
appreciated. also what surgery would help him and is that a
good idea?

Is he castrated? The main key to keeping urinary calculi away from both bucks and wethers is the calcium to phosphorus ratio, not so much the pH.  Calcium to phosphorus ratio in any feed to include grains and hays should be 3:1 - if too much of either then urinary calculi can form.  Ammonium chloride keeps the calculi from getting bigger, that is all, but is generally enough for most goats and that allows the small crystals to flow through their urinary tract system.  What grain and hay is he on currently?  Let me know - Donna

Donna Ruelas-Semasko/Edelweiss Acres

All goat health care, nutrition, judging questions about all goats - packgoats, dairy goats, pygmy goats, meat goats, fleece goats.

27 years health care/nutrition of all types of goats, 17 years experience in packgoats, 20 years experience in 4H goat projects as leader, superintendent and judge. 20 years experience in putting on goat care/nutrition seminars.

NAPgA, The Evergreen Packgoat Club, 4H, ADGA.

Hobby Farm, many newspapers, 4H newsletters, Packgoat Manuals (youth and general), judging information pamphlets, seminar handouts about health care and nutrition.

4 years of college, ongoing education in goats.

Small Farm Award of Thurston County