Dear Santa
my wife asked for a macgregor 27degree loft ladies chipper long run. I have found out the company no longer exsists, could you recommend something every similar.

Kind regards

Robb Nunn, PGA Professional
Robb Nunn, PGA Profess  
HI John;

Actually MacGregor is still in business, their presence in the US has dwindled significantly though and they are mostly overseas.  What I am more suspect of what happened is that model of club has been discontinued.

As far as chippers go, there are way to many on the market for me to really pick one over another.  My best suggestion is to go to and take a look around to see what you can find.    

Actually I just looked there (see link above) and did a search for chippers and a bunch of different ones came up.  This will save you some time and give you a better idea of what your looking for.

As far as 27 degrees goes.  That seems to be about the normal range for chipping irons.  Now for the rules of golf portion.  If your wife is playing in local tournaments, then make sure that whatever club you do get her, it is legal under the rules of golf.  There are many chippers that are not legal for tournament play.

Alternatively and normally a much better solution is that you can always get her a series of golf lessons for Christmas.  That may be better off as it will give her something to go on and last much longer.  Using a chipper or chipping iron per-say is normally only putting a band-aid on a larger golf swing issue.  And she will really appreciate that you are taking an interest in her getting better.  I am sure you are wise enough to see the lasting impression of you giving her lessons will give her.

I hope this helped.

Robb Nunn
PGA Professional
Golf Equation Swing Academy  

Robb Nunn

PGA Professional with over 30 plus years experience in the golf industry and sport I can answer almost anything you need about Golf. I am already listed as an expert in the category of Pro-Golfing My only request is. Please No Rules Questions. While I am also a Certified Rules Expert. You can receive answers much more quickly through the USGA. There is a link below Should you need answers to rules questions please refer to this free website. just copy and paste this link into your browser.

PGA Professional with over 30 plus years experience in the golf industry and sport I have worked in virtually every major facet of the golf industry there is. Some of the positions I have held are General Manager, Head Professional, Director of Instruction, Teaching Professional, Club Fitter, Club Designer, Golf Course and Driving Range Design Construction Design and Consulting, Rules Official during Professional tournaments, and also a Playing Professional in Tournaments. My expertise has had me invited and traveled to 5 continents and 16 countries. As you can see the life of a PGA Professional has many more duties that just that of playing or teaching golf.

PGA of America Toastmasters

Publications OC Golf Magazine (blog)

PGA Business Schools 1 and 2

Previously Ranked #26 on the player points list for SCPGA. National Award Winner Presidents Council for Growth of the Game

I keep my client information private. Some of my clients include companies and organizations listed in Fortune 100, 500 and 1000.