Hello jason: it has been along time. I have been experimenting with using a lag in my backswing like they used in the  old days with hickory stick clubs, not as exaggerated but still noticeable. i have had good results. why do the pro's not use this backswing? thanks

very sorry for the 3 month delay was not aware that you had sent a question for some reason i did not see the original question and i am very sorry about that.  Can you specify for me what you are doing or feel like you are doing that is creating the lag?  Thank you jay

Jason Smith

I can answer questions about the golf swing only. However I do not believe in the bandaid approach so you will never hear from me give you a quick fix. If you have any questions regarding changing your swing from one style to the next i will attempt to answer those questions also, but this may take a Q & A session. I also travel quite a bit so at times it may take me a few days to answer your questions

I have studied the best golf swings of the best golfers in the world for the past 70 years. I have also learned, and accomplished most of these swings myself. I understand what it takes to create the swings that made the best the best. I know the golf swing inside and out.

My education is from the school of hardknocks. I have hit thousands of golf balls and studied films from the best golfers in the world. I have also learned from 2 of the top teaching professionals in the world.