Golf/Getting from a 1.8 to a +1 or better

I'm trying to take my game to the next level and win some amateur tournaments this year. I'm a long ball guy and ball striking is my best asset.  I still have a full-time job but I'm taking advantage of as much sun as possible.  Do you have any practice routines that can really help drop my scores to consistent 60's with the 20-25 hours a week for practice that my schedule allows?  I'm currently devoting about 75% of my practice to short game but I could use some help drawing up a detailed routine for getting the absolute best out of my game in the coming year.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Joel:

Congrats on being so good while holding a full time job...tough to do.  Send me your personal email address and I'll send you my short game sheets to give you some structure to your practice sessions.  If you are a 1.8 now and ball striking is your best asset, then the short game is how you will drop to where you want to be.  

Eddie Kilthau
PGA Member

Eddie Kilthau

I am a PGA golf professional specializing in teaching the game.

I played collegiately at Arizona State University, then turned professional in 1981. I became the shortest player to ever play in the United States Open at Oakmont Country Club in Pittsburgh & missed my PGA Tour card by 2 shots in 1986 at PGA West, La Quinta, California. I have been teaching for 26 years in Phoenix, Arizona & I am currently the Director of Instruction at the Vistal Club in Phoenix and owner of Victory Golfworks.

Business Administration, Arizona State University. PGA Business School I - 1986, PGA Business School II - 1992, PGA Advanced Business School III - 1995. Certified PING Clubfitter - 1999. PGA Teaching & Clubfitting Seminar - 1992. Numerous Southwest Section PGA educational seminars.