Golf/Irons

Question
Dear Mr. Nunn,

Im someone who likes my irons much better than my woods.  I dont have any fairway woods in my bag because Im not consistent with them.  Now I hit my 5 iron 170 consistently and fairly straight.  I hit my 4 iron 180 yards BUT not as consistent as my 5 iron.  Id like to get a custom made club which uses a 5 iron head attached to a 3 iron shaft.in other words a longer shaft than what would normally be used for a 5 iron.  Have you ever heard of such a thing.  I know it's unusual but I'm trying to think of ways to get more distance with irons.  Thank you.

Germain

Answer
hello Germain;

Actually, longer iron shafts are NOT as uncommon as you may think.

My best suggestion is to speak with any of your local PGA club professionals in your area to discuss what you are wanting to do.
Ask them both the benefits of and detriments of the longer shafts.

FYI my shafts area all one inch longer in my clubs.

Robb Nunn
PGA Professional

Golf

Robb Nunn