Golf/Yardage from tee to green

Question
If the tee is up shouldn't the pin placement be back and visa versa

Answer
Hi Cynthia,

In order for the hole to play as indicated on the scorecard, a front pin position should correspond to a back tee position and back tee position should correspond to a forward tee position.
However, this is not always the practice as there are factors taking into account: wear and tear on certain parts of the green, wear and tear on the teeing ground, etc.
Usually, there is a mix of tee positions and pin positions so that the total yardage is as read on the scorecard. You shouldn't find the extremes: all front tee positions and front pin placements (shortest overall total yardage) or all back tee positions and back tee positions (longest overall total yardage).

Hope this helps.
Please visit my site: www.probablegolfinstruction.com

Best regards,
Ken Tannar

Golf

Ken Tannar