Golf/Clubs

Question
Hi
I am an average to below golfer that gets out a few times a year. I am using clubs I bought at a department store, which are working OK I suppose. Recently a friend offered to sell me his Taylormades for $400. He has them on Kijiji for 550$ Here is the link:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-golf/saskatoon/all-taylormade-left-handed-clubs/574712432
I am naturally frugal, but would like to play and practice more and improve my game. Will these make a big difference?

Answer
Hi... my strength is not really in equipment because I dont keep up with the 1000 different models of golf clubs out there.  But for a quick tip, those clubs dont look like modern clubs, and if you are a 20 handicap or worse, these clubs wont help you.  Besides, if you want to spend any money on equipment, you better make more sure that the lie, shafts and length are best fitted for you rather than the model of clubs.  Also having hybrids and woods should be your priority, ie, the longest iron you have should be about a 7 iron.

Hope this helps.

Golf

Dathaeus