Golf/stick on lead weights

Hi Robb
What do you think of these? Cheaper than getting better clubs until I can afford them. I am hoping for a bit more distance and accuracy. I am a leftie-where should I place them? Most of my shots seem to draw slightly left.
Also, My friends think my backswing is too short and quick-but I still beat them :-). Maybe its my short stocky build. Should I try to lengthen it? Thanks, have a great summer!

HI Bud;

First, thank you for contacting me.

Second, unfortunately, without seeing your swing and what types of shots you are producing, it would be a tad bit difficult to describe what you are asking for.  Or at least to have you understand it enough to benefit you correctly.

You really need to speak with a your local PGA Professional and/or your clubfitter (could be the same person).

There are way to many variables that are taking place with adding stick on lead tapes or weights to your clubs.

Possible solution at least for 2014 or until you can afford a proper fitting.   Re-shafting ... it is a fairly affordable way to make adjustments, and it also let's you see what work needs to be done with the swing (if any).

My personal and professional belief is to ALWAYS build your clubs (Loft, Lie, Length) around your swing, never build your swing around your clubs.  What I am saying here is this.  Find A PGA or LPGA Professional in your area, that has a good teaching reputation, then invite them to a light lunch/dinner.  You treat.  Find out if you like them and then if so, make a long term plan for improvement.  

Being haphazard in your attempts to fix and repair, may only be placing a band aid over a gaping wound (not that you have one) that needs stitches.  We don't do and certainly don't recommend band aids.  Be smart and practical about this, involve a local PGA/LPGA professional who you can rely upon to give you the most benefits.  And by all means, do it from the perspective of a team where you are building something that will last and you are doing it together.

Your other alternative is to either come see me in person (great choice) or bring me up there
(another great choice).  Either one of those could be costly, but they are both worth it.

I would love to be of more assistance, but in the mean time, I hope this helped and gave you a more clear sense of direction, that if you saw me personally.

Robb Nunn
PGA Professional
Golf Equation Swing Academy

Robb Nunn

PGA Professional with over 30 plus years experience in the golf industry and sport I can answer almost anything you need about Golf. I am already listed as an expert in the category of Pro-Golfing My only request is. Please No Rules Questions. While I am also a Certified Rules Expert. You can receive answers much more quickly through the USGA. There is a link below Should you need answers to rules questions please refer to this free website. just copy and paste this link into your browser.

PGA Professional with over 30 plus years experience in the golf industry and sport I have worked in virtually every major facet of the golf industry there is. Some of the positions I have held are General Manager, Head Professional, Director of Instruction, Teaching Professional, Club Fitter, Club Designer, Golf Course and Driving Range Design Construction Design and Consulting, Rules Official during Professional tournaments, and also a Playing Professional in Tournaments. My expertise has had me invited and traveled to 5 continents and 16 countries. As you can see the life of a PGA Professional has many more duties that just that of playing or teaching golf.

PGA of America Toastmasters

Publications OC Golf Magazine (blog)

PGA Business Schools 1 and 2

Previously Ranked #26 on the player points list for SCPGA. National Award Winner Presidents Council for Growth of the Game

I keep my client information private. Some of my clients include companies and organizations listed in Fortune 100, 500 and 1000.