Golf/driver lefts

Question
I am a 10 handicap with a short backswing. My normal good drive is about 250 yards.I snap hook about 6 drives a round lately. Start in the middle or left or center  and they vilontly go to the left about 30+ yards.  One of my buddies think I am too far away from the ball and a golf pro in a pro-am told me stance was too wide.  I experiemented with both changes and that didnt help. Any advice?  I have seen onlne that too strong of grip could be the cause and I do have a strong grip

Answer
OVER THE TOP GOLF
OVER THE TOP GOLF  
The three things that come to mind that would promote a hook are too quick of a transition which is common among people (like me) with a short backswing, a strong grip and placing the ball too far back in your stance. I created the OVER THE TOP GOLF swing to solve the opposite problem ( weak fades) but it also helps to prevent the problems that you are experiencing.

Best,

Frankie C
http://overthetopgolf.com  

Golf

Over The Top Golf