Golf/Rules

Question
Is it legal to stand behind a putter and watch their putt ?

On our local course a paved street separates a green and the next tee box.  Behind the green an OB sign signifies that the street is out of bounds.  However, the next tee box is in play.  If you hit a ball over the green, it crosses the street and then lands in the fairway of the next hole, can it legally be played as an "in bounds" ball, and returned to the green ?

Answer
Hi and thanks for asking.

It is never legal to stand right behind a player on the same line and watch them putt or hit any shot with any club.

No, OB means OB extends infinitely past the OB markers, no matter how far you go out, for that one hole.

Hope this helps!

Golf

Dathaeus