Golf/Player restarting after giving up on a hole

Today, one of our 4 ball gave up on a hole after hitting in the water. The rest of us made a hash of the hole and the other player after giving up, saw a chance to post a score. is he allowed to restart after informing us he was "out of the hole."
many thanks

Hi and thanks for asking.  Once you are out, you are out, no backsies!  But you already knew the answer, didn't you... as a true sportsman, the ethics of rules cannot change for your circumstance to profit off of... once a rule is made or broken, it remains as such.

Hope this helps!

Hey golfers! I'm here to help you become a better golfer at any level by teaching you what is and not what I want you to be. I do not use one specific "system" and I am not here to promote anything, which means all I care about is your becoming a better player than when you first met me. My only consistency is I teach with a strong base of physics and physiology, because they do not lie, and they are the same throughout this planet and the known universe for humans in this game. I can help you hit with more power, consistency, maintaining effective practice sessions, and learn the proper swing mechanics, etc... So if you want to play better golf and need online instruction, I can answer to your satisfaction. Feel free to also post up a video as many others are already doing (on YouTube or wherever, and will actually be working on a site so you an do this easily with swing analyzers) and I will be glad to take a look as well... just remember to take the front and side views, and include information about the club you are using and your distance hit with that club, and ball flight pattern. I do not study much about the technical aspects of golf equipment and it is hard to suggest the right equipment for you without knowing your game. I would suggest you go demo a few clubs and read up on reviews from various web sites for that, and when you have narrowed down your choice, then I will be glad to help you choose.

I moved down to FL from NYC to become a golf pro, but have since retired from serious play due to injuries and other factors. I have studied and learned most details of the game, and I would love to share my knowledge of basically making anyone out there play better golf, ESPECIALLY the ones that started golf late like I did, in my twenties, which is NOT the same as when you start as a baby. I am pretty much self taught and have dissected the game thoroughly. Having started the game later in my life compared to most pros gives me a unique perspective on the game and its psychology. So if you are just as adamant about improving your game to new heights, ask me and I will help you.

Now also answering more questions at

The Examiner ( Golf Instructional Writer

Horace Mann School, NYC Carnegie Mellon/Manhattan College/Boston University - B.S. Mechanical Engineering PGA National Resort & Spa + Leadbetter Academy (Worked with Donny Lee who now works with Sean Foley in Orlando) Bob Toski (collaborated and learned from him, the one guy who can still shoot his age, AMAZING)