Government Contracting/government contracting

hope its ok to ask the following questions:

1.  how are statutes, executive order or regulatory requirements applied to subcontracts?

2.  what two major questions should be considered in evaluating the effect of a change?

3.  what are the difference between the provisions of the changes clause for fixed price type contract and cost type contract?

4.  under what circumstances may contract work be performed even though the fully executed contract has not been received?

5.  on what grounds is the government usually held liable where it has used design specifications in a contract and those specifications have been defective?

6.  what are performance specifications ordinarily used in manufacturing contracts?

7.  what limitations exist on the governments right to set-offs under the assignment of claims act?

8.  under what circumstances have appeals boards effected constructive changes for extra work done by the contractor?

9.  what limitations on the power of the US government to contract exist?

10.  what are the statutory limitations on the fees for performing a cost-plus-fixed-fee contract?

11.  what comprises marginal profit?

12.  what are the principle tests that have been applied by the courts and the GAO in determining whether an implied contract should be recognized?

13.  what are more important differences in the legal principles governing contracts with the government and those governing contracts between private persons?

14.  what should a contract keep in mind when he enters into a contract subject to approval by higher authority

i Shevonn,

You have, in this and following queries, delved into the realm of U.S. Government contracting 101 and to some extents beyond.

This forum does not provide or allow, by word count limitations ( 650000-character limit, set in advance by the ALL EXPERTS WEBSITE PORTAL, NOT MINE ;-) ), and anywhere near the requisite capability to not only provide a brief reply, and definitly does not allocate space required to reply in general terms, or the in depth responses that your queries portend to seek.

The scope of inquiry alludes to an extensive consultation. If this is of interest to you and/or your firm, I am capable and more than happy to supply responses & guidance, up to the point of providing scope of responses that would / could require legal opinions that are admissable in a judicial setting, as that would require you to engage a licensed attorney that is an expert in the field of government contracting. When any of your queries or requests broach that threshold, I will infor you promptly of such, and also provide any alternate sources of reference.

That said, you may contact me directly via email,

< for spam and email bot scanning avoidance and to keep your / my info private >,
please replace the "AT" with email symbol @  and no spaces so you are responding to a valid email address.

Once I have your direct contact coordinates, I will forward any requisite information requirements that will be held and used within appropriate disclosure and privacy parameters.

Initially these will be generalized requests that provide your basic company info, any agency / contract specific detail to proceed with supplying you with direct responses and references that will be needed to accomplish the goals and responses with info you seek to attain.

Gerry Caskey

Government Contracting

Gerry Caskey

Questions relating to all aspects of Federal Government Contracting, Small Business, Prime and Subcontracting issues. Resources and references to aid navigation of CFRS, FARS, DFARS, DOSAR, DTAR, ITAR, UCP 500, etc. Request for Proposal (RFP/RFQ) outlines, writing and submission requirements. CCR Registrations, ORCA compliance and SBA submissions. Consultancy in relationship development and marketing to Federal, Foreign, State and Local Governments, corporate entities.

25 years as a Prime Contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, FEMA, DHS and additional Federal Agencies. 22 years independent consulting in business intelligence and continuity, program management, proposal development, GSA Schedules and Awards, copyright and trademark administration, international trade.

Boeing Aerospace, Securitas, Triple Canopy, Raytheon, U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Army (Europe), CENTCOM, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Virginia and D.C. Air National Guard, Governments of Afghanistan, Australia, Jordan, , New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Republic of China (Taiwan).