Government Contracting/Court breaches own contract?

Is it acceptable, or even legal for the government to "change terms" once a process is already in play? For instance, let's say I was charged $30 for "service of process", and then I later get a bill for $10 from the court because the process server managed to later re-negotiate a higher fee for himself?
not the real situation, but illustrates the problem pretty well.

Hi Wade,

While this departs from contracting matters, it appears you are involved in legal / court issues, which requires competent and licensed legal counsel, which I am not.

From a reference / reasearch standpoint, you will need to review the specifc court, i.e. superior, civil, etc. - procedures and codes, which generally require formal filings and notices regarding fees and approval / assements of such, unless they are proscribed in the court codes.

Again, seek competent legal advice if you cannot locate the info within the local court codes & procedures.

Good Luck & Best Regards,
Gerry Caskey  

Government Contracting

Gerry Caskey

Questions relating to all aspects of Federal Government Contracting, Small Business, Prime and Subcontracting issues. Resources and references to aid navigation of CFRS, FARS, DFARS, DOSAR, DTAR, ITAR, UCP 500, etc. Request for Proposal (RFP/RFQ) outlines, writing and submission requirements. CCR Registrations, ORCA compliance and SBA submissions. Consultancy in relationship development and marketing to Federal, Foreign, State and Local Governments, corporate entities.

25 years as a Prime Contractor with the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, FEMA, DHS and additional Federal Agencies. 22 years independent consulting in business intelligence and continuity, program management, proposal development, GSA Schedules and Awards, copyright and trademark administration, international trade.

Boeing Aerospace, Securitas, Triple Canopy, Raytheon, U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Army (Europe), CENTCOM, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, Virginia and D.C. Air National Guard, Governments of Afghanistan, Australia, Jordan, , New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Republic of China (Taiwan).